Are You Branded?
Hi, well I am a week late with this week’s blog post however a lot has been happening lately. First, my youngest turned 18 which is both amazing but also a tug at the mother’s heart strings. I am very proud of her and know that she will do great things in life. Another thing that has been taking place is a new look for Personalized Marketing Inc, which means we have to work on our branded images and ensure that the change takes place well. So that is the topic for today’s post.
But First… Some GDPR Tips
We were asked to discuss the GDPR some and so originally we were going to go a little more in-depth over it. However, there are already some great posts out there about it (including the ones from your newsletter program) so how about a few tips instead.
- Make sure that you are sending the “Please resign or confirm email” to only those you have too. I have received many of these types of emails and I am not affected by the changes taking place. That being said I am not receiving the same amount of newsletters as before.
- If you are going to send out the request then make sure you give the person a reason to stay with you. Remind them of the benefits behind getting your emails. Also, please do not make the subject line “Will you resign up?” this immediately indicates that there is a reason they should not.
- Use the tools included in your newsletter provider. Many such as the Email Campaign provided through Zoho have features in them that help with your newsletters’ success. Such as scheduling them when the person receiving the emails are more likely to be around. Also, sharing them on your social media networks, just not for the GDPR email.
- Include your branding in the email; it is coming from you so it should look like it. Headers, logos, banners, any image really that shows the viewer immediately who they are getting an email from.
- Remember that newsletters and emails are not a one-way communication tool; they are designed to encourage a conversation. Let them. You can ask viewers what they like to see, you can add polls, and you could even do a Q&A session. Something that talks about you but also gives them a chance to respond.
- Most likely however the emails have gone out and you did not get the responses you were hoping for, now what? Save the list check them out and make sure they are not already on a different list. Good email programs will help sort them for you.
- Finally, if you are offering a special for those who did sign up, double opt-in and even said yes to your GDPR email, then thank them and make sure they got their gift. Many times you will find that the “gift” was not claimed so check and see if they did. You offered them something for signing up, help to ensure they get it.
Now On To Branding!
Have you ever heard the story about how a certain drink lost a lot of sales because they changed their logo? It happened a little over 15 years ago and the drop was drastic. If you have done your work and have good branding changing the logo might not be the best bet. However, if you are like PM Inc, then it might be necessary. We are going with not just a new look but also a new website design. This is mainly because we want to not only meet current website design guidelines but also because we are celebrating our 10th anniversary this summer and it was time.
So what to do now that you are revamping everything?!?
- Don’t panic. You have already determined this is necessary for you and your business. So you have gone over the pros and cons behind the change.
- If you do not already have one, make a plan outlining the steps of the change.
- Make sure that you not only have your new branding images but also your old ones. If possible plan transitions affects converting over to the new look by changing small elements along the way. If however like us, then consider doing a before and after. You cannot put an animated image on your logo for social networks so plan out post showing the transition. Not only is this a good marketing idea for creating eye-catching graphics but also a great way to get the change across.
- Stay on track with your new look. Set a completion date, set a marketing push date and stay with it. You have already done the homework of when is the best time to start the process, so use that timeline.
- Plan on a few post of why you are making the change and talk about it before it happens. When you launch a new product you talk about it before it actually comes out, your website or branding should get the same attention.
Notice how I mentioned website? Well as I commented earlier we are doing some drastic changes to our website. We have a new color scheme coming, new images and even different layouts for the pages. Each one of the images we are using has several layers to it, this is great if we wanted to show an animated transition from the old to new look. Now, you cannot see this just yet, we are building it on a back site. This way we have time to make the changes we want without trying to rush everything. We are however using the same server system so that will help. (Also, just for our valued readers, we are including a sneak peak of our new homepage look)
When building a new site, working on new branding, making larger changes to your site, if you can do them where viewers do not accidently see the mess. Gone are the days of “Excuse our mess, while we make something new.” If your hosting company or website platform does not offer these advantages contact us. We can not only help you with your changes but also send you to a hosting company that can accommodate you.
That’s all for today’s post… Whew right? As always everything we talk about on our blog we not only have expertise in but often implement them ourselves.
#PMInc #RealMarketing #OrganicGrowth
Tools We Use:
- Zoho https://www.zoho.com/social/
- PostCron https://goo.gl/msz3Lc
- Crowdfire: https://crowdfire.grsm.io/fyrULLGozz
- Constant Contact https://www.constantcontact.com/signup.jsp?pn=personalizedmarketing
- Canva https://www.canva.com/personalizedmarketinginc
- Siteground https://www.siteground.com/recommended?referrer_id=7588908
- RiteTag https://ritetag.com/hashtag-search
- Commun.it http://mbsy.co/lCpGN
Popular Hashtags on Marketing
#marketing #growthhacking #startup #success #digitalmarketing #networkmarketing #onlinemarketing #contentmarketing #socialmediamarketingtips #marketingagency #socialmarketing #growthhacking #startup #seo #tech #entrepreneur #socialmedia #business #twitter #instagram #work #startups #success #tips #smm #world #motivation #web #content